23 Sep Give Your Property Curb Appeal
When it comes to selling a home, first impressions matter. Your property’s curb appeal can make your sale quick and profitable, or slow and full of sacrifices. The nicer your home looks from the sidewalk, the more clicks you’ll get online, the better an impression you’ll make during tours, and the more likely you are to get competitive offers.
CMW General Contractors can help you make changes that will catch buyers’ eyes, so learn how to evaluate your property’s curb appeal, and think about how you’ll give it a boost it if it’s less-than-stellar:
What Do Buyers Want?
- You should research your local market to see what’s selling near you.
- Reading up on curb appeal is another great way to understand what buyers are looking for.
- Buyers want a property that stands out (but doesn’t stick out) in its neighborhood.
- Homey details, such as wreaths and flower boxes, spark buyers’ imaginations.
Renovations Worth Considering
- Installing a fence can give your property a more secluded vibe, but be sure to get a survey first.
- Repair any damaged features such as drooping gutters or a rotting porch.
- A distinctive landscaping feature, such as a gazebo, will help your property stand out.
DIY Projects That Make a Difference
- A bold front door can catch attention, but be sure to match the paint to your house overall.
- A little landscaping can go a long way toward increasing your home value.
- Plant fresh, low-maintenance flowers in your flower beds.
- Always wear a good pair of gloves to prevent injury when working in the yard.
- The right tools for the job will make work easier, too.
- Check out these front door decor DIYs that will give your entryway a homey feel.
Remember to keep the buyer’s perspective in mind while you prepare your home for sale. By thinking about what house hunters are looking for, you can hone in on an aesthetic that sells. Create a home people can picture themselves in, and they’ll make an offer.